[time-nuts] Monitoring Oscilator current

Paul A. Cianciolo paulc at snet.net
Sun Oct 2 00:31:01 UTC 2011

I have a Rakon double oven oscillator that runs on 12vdc.  It has an
internal reference of 8 volts which is being used with a resistor divider
and 150 ohm wire wound pot for EFC.

I was just wondering if it might be possible, by inserting an accurate
current meter in series with the power supply lead to:

A) Ascertain when either of the ovens is coming on or off.   I think these
are proportional ovens so I would be looking for gradual increases and
decreases in current.

B) If I might compare that information with TimeLab phase plots to see any
possible correlation?

 Does this sound feasible?

Paul A. Cianciolo
Our business computer network is  powered exclusively by solar and wind
Converting Photons to Electrons for over 20 years