[time-nuts] HP5065A revival project, progress report

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 00:00:57 UTC 2011

John
Funny you mention those 109s. They were a favorite target for failure in
broadcast equipment. I always looked at the red to silver transition if it
was sort of turning black that was a clue. Boy those caps copuld be a issue.
Magnus will look at the caps you suggest.  Totally agree an ounce of
prevention and todays caps tend to be smaller and more effective. So
generally its easy to change them watching for temperature specs and such.
Regards
Paul