[time-nuts] 2 (Spoofing)

gbusg gbusg at comcast.net
Tue Oct 4 20:34:18 UTC 2011

>From the looks of it:

1. The bad guys imported/stole Jeff's address book (via social networking
ABI hijack, or PC infection).

2. The bad guys then spammed (from 84.27.224.19 in the Netherlands) to the
contacts they stole from Jeff's address book (and spoofing as "Jeff").

This is troubling because it could happen to any one of us (if we have an
address book and it gets hijacked).

Per John's previous message, I would be leery of social network ABI (Address
Book Import) for one thing.

-Greg