[time-nuts] 2 (Spoofing)

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Wed Oct 5 01:51:18 UTC 2011

Hi John,

I have looked at the "originating" IP's in the headers, and I find
a curious thing:  They are all built and structured differently.  Those
on the messages I send through time-nuts don't have my IP listed as
originating... or listed at all.  The header information I find in the
messages that come to me is generally showing the path from febo to my
ISP...  febo is listed as the originating IP.

I think the originating IP header in the spam mail from jeff was added
there by the spammer... just like they generally add headers that try to
tell you that the message is whitelisted, approved by spamassasin, and
not spam, etc..

-Chuck Harris