[time-nuts] UK standard frequencies - where?

David Bobbett d.bobbett at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 18:33:55 UTC 2011

The problem with all of these comparative techniques is that you are
always dealing with relative error vs finite error. However the result
is usually well in excess of that needed for ham ops.

Another trick is to load one memory with a 1kHz RWM offset in USB and
another with a 1kHz offset in LSB so as to generate a tone for each
sideband. You then feed the AF into SpectrumLab and repeatedly toggle
between the two memories whilst adjusting the LO.

If you adjust the LO so that the difference between the LSB and USB
audio tone is at a minimum, that will give you the most accurate
setting. Any errors in the sound card will cancel out because you are
comparing the /difference /between the two 1kHz signals, any remaining
errors will be down to variables within the radio.

Hope that helps,

73 de David, G4IRQ