[time-nuts] GPSDO recommendation

Miguel Gonçalves mail at miguelgoncalves.com
Thu Oct 13 01:00:26 UTC 2011

Hi Paul!

On 12 October 2011 20:36, paul swed <paulswedb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now this is some very wise advice indeed.
> Its the ole power cost.
> Great reply and solution.
> I like things that draw zip power and can live on a basement wall for 10
> years just doing there job.

One of my current NTP servers is running on a Alix 1D motherboard from
PC Engines. Software is FreeBSD 7.4 (nanoBSD).

It's a NTP pool server and it has been serving around 30-40 packets
per second of NTP traffic during the last days.

It consumes around 5W of power, boots of a Compact Flash and runs
completely in memory.

I have two of these units: one with a Garmin 18 LVC and another with a
Motorola Oncore UT+.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Miguel