[time-nuts] AM Broadcast Stations As Frequency Reference...

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 19:07:45 UTC 2011

Boy Tom it would be interesting but I think I hear the $$ ringing up. SDR=
$$
Humor aside.
Yesterday was a great example of why wwvb does not fair well in the eastern
US.
>From about 10am-8pm the signal was right at the noise floor. I thought I
lost my pre-amp. Then went to the wwvb site and the monitoring stations were
reporting the same. Today everything is fine and stable.
No notices of power issues or propagation issues.
So even 1 station would be a plus and the AMs are very reasonable technology
wise to deal with.
Regards
Paul.