[time-nuts] Cambrideg Thermionics & Freq Measurements...

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Sat Oct 15 14:57:44 UTC 2011

Cambridge Thermionic was on Concord Ave, just east of the Fresh Pond
circle. The building is now a storage warehouse.

They were mostly making screw-machine components by the early 60s. They
had a vast array of stake-in terminals and similar stuff. Very good
product, IMO. You could get damn near anything you could imagine in
terminals from them, uninsulated and insulated.

They also made a bunch of other electronic hardware like coil forms.
Again, very good quality.

The other thing they made was thermoelectric heat pumps and products using
them, like small "ice bath" references for thermocouples. I suspect this
was related to their expertise with ceramic-metal attachment.

At some point (70s? 80s? 90s?) they moved someplace else and changed their
name to Cambion.

Best,

-John