[time-nuts] Cable delay correction for Tbolt Cs substitude

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 16 18:43:45 UTC 2011

Yes it reinitializes the filter, but that seems to NOT cause any problems.

I manually change the Tbolt's cable delay all the time using LH's "& C xx"
command to change/set the phase error on the fly while it is disciplining or
in the disable mode and I have not noticed any ill effects.

Mark Posted:
Using the cable delay message is probably not a good idea...  it resets the
internal filters and state every time you change it.

warren posted
Mark, How about adding another LadyHeather feature that tweaks the Tbolt's
cable delay value as a function of the outside temperature?
If interested, I have a couple ideas of how to get the outside temperature
to LadyHeather.