[time-nuts] List Threading Behavior?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Oct 25 09:10:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 01:29:07 -0400
Doug Calvert <dfc-list at douglasfcalvert.net> wrote:

>   Am I the only one whose email client has trouble putting threads
> together for this list? All of my other lists appear to be working
> correctly. Am I missing something?

This is not an issue of the mailinglist itself, but of mail clients
that do not conform to the RFC's. Especially webclients and MS stuff
are known to miss the "In-Reply-To" and "References" header fields
which are needed to get threading working correctly.

Ie if someone with an incorrectly working mailclient replies to a
mail you will get a "split" thread, because the In-Reply-To field is
missing.

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin