[time-nuts] Neutrino timing

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Oct 25 17:35:39 UTC 2011

On 10/25/2011 07:06 AM, Chris Albertson wrote:
> My bet is on an experimental error.  That is the safe bet.  I hope I
> loose because this being real faster than light neutrinos would be a
> lot of fun.
>
> If true my off the cuff guess is that this proves the existence of
> dimensions higher than four.  These are tiny and some closed shape.
> most mater takes some long path through these and all the particles
> that do interact, neutrinos don't take the long path and thereby
> "miss" most mater and don't interact with it.  Either they don't move
> in that dimension or they take a bee-line
>
> Under special relatively the speed of all particles is a constant, C
> (This is why nothing can exceed C because everything in the universe
> moves at constant speed (not constant velocity) of C.  If the
> Neutrinos really are "fast" then my guess is that the constant C holds
> in more than four dimension.  So this result would not disprove
> Einstein, it would generalize the theory to n>4 dimensions.
>
> The neutrinos, like every other particle pin the universe are moving
> at exactly C through 10-space.  (OK I guessed at the number 10 but
> n-space where n>4)
>

> I think this has to be the simplest possible explanation.  "Short path
> through dimensions>  4 explains both the apparent faster than light
> speed (that is not faster than C in n-space) and why neutrinos don't
> interact with matter very much.  I'm sure I'm not the first to think
> of this.  It fall out obviously if you let N be>  4

It opens up several issues. Can we say that neutrinos have a meaningful
interaction such that dielectric constant for instance is relevant. What
if the speed of light is relevant only as a interaction slowed down
variant of the speed of particles, where neutrinos has higher speed due
to less interactions.

What if neutrinos only have apparent mass?

If the experiment checks out in all its aspects, it could prove
important to re-evaluate results and we might get a better view of what
needs to go into a GUT.

When studying the electron, don't forget to integrate over the
surrounding universe to understand it's properties (as Feynman did in
his early works). It has it's properties in context of the universe,
which it constantly interacts with.

In short, neutrinos may still have a few important things to teach us.

Cheers,
Magnus