[time-nuts] Comparison of two clocks

Ilja Gerhardt ilja at cryptix.de
Thu Sep 8 03:52:18 UTC 2011

On 09/07/2011 08:42 PM, Bob Bownes wrote:
> The simplest method of all would be to put one on the X axis and one
> on the Y axis of an o-scope.
>
> What levels of precision/accuracy are you looking for?

I am envisioning s.th. like 10^-15 for Rb/Cs oscillators (=minute
timescale) - but I guess it should be not too hard for a Dual Mixer Time
Difference system. Not a clue, how much the 5125A from symmetricom might
be... but in principle, this is a bunch of minicircuit parts, isn't it?

It would be great if s.o. has a circuitry!

Cheers

                 Ilja