[time-nuts] Google NTP Servers and smearing leap seconds...

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Sep 16 18:36:22 UTC 2011

xaos at darksmile.net said:
> You can forget Wall St. firms and Banks for starters.

> They need sub-microsecond accurate timing as some instruments (Forex)   are
> moving to <10 microsecond latency from order entry to order ack.

10 microsecond latency doesn't say anything about how accurate the time has
to be.

Does anybody have a good URL on the accuracy requirements of banks and/or
stock markets?  I expect there are both legal and technical issues.  I'd like
to understand them separately but I won't be surprised if they are thoroughly
tangled.