[time-nuts] Google NTP Servers and smearing leap seconds...

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Sat Sep 17 08:41:17 UTC 2011

Interesting story, though I never heard of Oracle and fast used in the
same news article.

As an aside to what I guess is already an aside, the particle physics
guys use Linux too, but a special distribution.
> http://www.scientificlinux.org/

Basically, they want to insure everyone is, shall we say, on the same
page, so they all use the same linux. Not once but twice I ran into
particle physics guys using Scientific Linux at a local coffee shop.
Like what are the odds. One guy was from SLAC, the other from CERN as a
contractor.