[time-nuts] GPSDO - internal connections question

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 13:07:42 UTC 2011

Well one point to add to all this.
Some time-nuts are hams, some are not.
You comment "Used in hamshack" suggests you are a ham.
RF interference from your radios will be a problem.
It can modulate the EFC and upset things. Granted it will normal up after a
while.
So do consider a metal box and do use shielded cables. Ground only one end
of shield.
Might want to consider beads on the rs 232 lines etc.
Simply use good amateur radio design/construction techniques.
By the way I have a VE2ZAZ system works quite well and for Amateur use is
great.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL