[time-nuts] Fast than light neutrino

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 17:17:15 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 5:44 AM, Bill Dailey <docdailey at gmail.com> wrote:

> The complicating factor here is they aren't really sure if neutrinos actually have mass.  Therefore they may not need adhere to the mass portion of relativity and hence may be more like photons.  They won't put forth ANY suppositions until they are sure they haven't made a mistake.

I think we all want these neutrinos to be faster than C (not just
faster then photons) because it would be fun to live through a
revolution in physics.    A simple mis-calculation would be so boring.
 If I had to bet I'd bet on the boring error that was missed by 100
co-authors.     I'd be happy to loose my bet.

Can we assume for a minute the result is correct and they really are
literally faster than C.    What does it mean to be faster than C at
this large macroscopic scale of kilometers

Fun to guess.  Time must be running backwards.  Or maybe they have
negative mass.   If truly faster than C, SOMETHING nonsensical must be
true.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California