[time-nuts] HP 5065a failure of Rb oscillator problem solved

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 02:16:04 UTC 2011

Hello to the group my trusty HP 5065a Rb ref died. Digging in I discovered
that the Rb oscillator was not drawing any current.
So it was time to go deep inside and see whats in there. Have taken pix of
the innards but they are each 2 MB in size.
Anyhow it was A12R1 a 1330 ohm resistor that seems to be open. Jumpered a
1500 ohm R in and the lamp re-ignites.
Now to install appropriate quality and temperature replacement and I should
be back in business.
Must say the 3 levels of magnetic shielding really is impressive.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL