[time-nuts] GPS Interference Question

jmfranke jmfranke at cox.net
Fri Sep 30 15:34:07 UTC 2011

There are several problems. First energy from the offending signal leaking
into the protected GPS band and second the GPS receivers having a bandwidth
greater than the protected GPS band in order to reduce phase errors, acquire
GPS signal energy present outside the protected GPS band to have a higher
bandwidth signal, and to reduce production costs. The GPS industry is part
of the problem.

I firmly believe the protected band needs to be increased. I will always
favor better time and frequency dissemination over social networking.

John  WA4WDL