[time-nuts] Efratom M3100

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Apr 2 22:28:30 UTC 2012

On 04/02/2012 02:33 AM, EWKehren at aol.com wrote:
> Magnus
> I am systematically checking every thing. Power is every where, get a very
> strong 60 MHz with the 5.3125 clearly visible on the spectrum analyzer also
>   counted both with a counter, checked the 85 Hz modulation on the tuning
> diode,  is a small signal but the same on my working M 100. Some is off the M
> 100 some  off the FRS. Working on the Servo assembly. Because of dense
> packaging it is  very difficult to find the output signal, but I am now sitting
> down with the ohm  meter and retracing all the interconnects on the servo
> board. It is multi layer.  Once I have the 85/170 pass I will inject a variable
> frequency, maybe 85 Hz is  wrong.
> I will keep you posted. The biggest problem is the packing density, very
> hard to get to the pins of the IC's.

Lot's of test-points.

The 4060 (U3) is hooked up as RC oscillator based. 4053 (U2)
demodulates. Isn't the large 1 uF cap the integrator cap?

TP10, TP11, TP13 and TP15 looks like suspects.

TP17, TP5, TP14 and TP9 looks like coming out of modulation counter, but
the last seems to come from the analog frontend at the bottom part.

Cheers,
Magnus