[time-nuts] 5061B with 'Dead' tube - Options?

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Fri Apr 6 22:53:52 UTC 2012

I have a 5061B that appears to have a 'dead' tube.  It uses the 05061-6044
DC oven controller and all appears to be functioning correctly other than
the CS Oven indication on the meter being slightly lower than what I am used
to seeing..

I recall prior discussions about raising the CS Oven Heater voltage to see
if the tube can be 'resurrected'.

Since the tube is apparently, otherwise, unusable, there appears to nothing
to lose.  I have been considering building a small DB9M to DB9F cable to
allow measuring all the voltages to the heater, etc.  Any suggestions to see
if I can bring it 'back to life'?

Thanks in advance.

Joe