[time-nuts] FPGA GPSDO (Was: Re: NTP jitter with Linux)

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Sat Apr 7 22:46:09 UTC 2012

Hi, Jim,

I will ask off-list to reduce noise... :)

El 08/04/2012 00:29, Jim Lux escribió:

> If you need a 64 bit timer core with a bunch of latches and a
> programmable pulse generator, let me know.  We've got one at JPL we're
> happy to distribute (for free).

I take good note. This is the kind of things that comes handy from time
to time :)
> Goddard Space FLight Center has a variety of SpaceWire cores (in
> VHDL), and we've got a Verilog wrapper for it at JPL.
GSF SpW cores are available for free? Or are even available for non-US?
One of the things that I plan to do sometime is an SpW implementation,
mainly for instrument EGSEs - probably will try in the near future if
one of my customers wins a project and contracts us the EGSE. We are
currently using SpW cards from Dynamic Engineering, but sincerely I'm
not too happy with their support. For internal use, we have a Star
Dundee SpW USB brick, but I find that SpW boards from Star Dundee are
expensive and only with 3 ports - and we usually need 4 (you know,
nominal and redundant I/Fs to both nominal and redundant instruments :) ).

There are some "free" SpW ESA cores. The fun part is that they are free
except for a 5000 EUR management fee...

Best regards,

Javier

Javier Herrero
Chief Technology Officer                  EMAIL: jherrero at hvsistemas.com
HV Sistemas S.L.                          PHONE:         +34 949 336 806
Los Charcones, 17                         FAX:           +34 949 336 792
19170 El Casar - Guadalajara - Spain      WEB: http://www.hvsistemas.com