[time-nuts] Best location for a GPS antenna...?

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Thu Apr 12 10:40:10 UTC 2012

Stefan,

my mushroom type of gps antenna is mounted on a metallic cantilever arm abt.
0.6 m aside a pole that extends 1 m above the height of the gps antenna.
Then a 2 m long vertical amateur radio antenna is mounted on top of the
pole. The pole is exactly in the east of the gps antenna. I attach a
visibility plot. Everything else with exception of exactly east is the
effect of trees around the house being higher than antenna height. While
this arrangement is not what you suggest in terms of lightning protection it
shows that the pole itself has not a big impact on gps reception.

Best regards
Ulrich Bangert