[time-nuts] Chinese Scopes

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Wed Apr 18 01:00:53 UTC 2012

> John
> I wonder what that same engineer would think when I used to link 2 453's
> together when trouble shooting problems on and optical character reader
> using a crt and pmt's to scan the document.

A Flying Spot scanner is entirely legitimate. I'd use a 600 series monitor
though. There ia a Dutch "artist" that uses such a setup as a scene
generator for a complex NATO (?) RADAR.

> Pardon my ignorance  but what is deep memory? Please have mercy, I come
> from the days of 64k was wow!

It amazing what DEC, DG and others did with 64kW. Now you can barely look
at a web page with <512 MB.

The Tek RTD-710A has 10 nS memory in 64 MW blocks. That's deep, IMO. I'd
think a few Meg would be helpful.

Best,

-John