[time-nuts] Temex LPFRS-01

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Wed Apr 18 10:25:33 UTC 2012

I'm not using the analog input but the serial port, yes, this doesn't
improve the 1E-11 step but at least I skip the first A/D conversion. The
direct access to the C-field control seems necessary but I like to have my
stuff in the original state. My LPFRS is very rusty so I can drop my "keep
it original" rule.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM, MailLists <lists at medesign.ro> wrote:

> That would be the tougher part, as, with highest probability, the external
> analog adjustment is first AD converted in the MPU (AIN4) summed with the
> internally stored fine adjustment value, and then applied to the C-Field
> correction, through an external DAC8800.
> As both conversions are 8 bit, the obtained resolution of 1E-11 is
> insufficient to discipline the unit with enough accuracy, it was just meant
> to adjust the working frequency.
>
> In the last day of the easter holidays I opened one up, and now I'm trying
> to grasp the inner workings... time allowing.
>

> On 4/12/2012 7:50 PM, Azelio Boriani wrote:
>
>> Interesting... have to check my LPFRS now: only tested for the lock
>> indicator when received and then put aside to complete first the
>> "discipliner".
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM, MailLists<lists at medesign.ro>  wrote:
>>
>>  Well, the saga continues...
>>> A replacement part (for which a thorough check was specifically asked)
>>> has
>>> arrived. It boasts a "Checked OK" written with a marker pen on the label.