[time-nuts] PRS-10 input and output calibrations

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Apr 22 11:49:06 UTC 2012

Fellow time-nuts,

Anyone who has tried to calibrate the PPS input and PPS output
interpolators of the PRS-10?

The output calibration seems pretty easy to do, just a TIC to measure
the PPS to 10 MHz and then sweep through the output delay values to
cover a little more than the 400 ns range.

The input calibration would be something in the similar way, a simpel
method would be to use a coax cable between output and input, and then
use the internal output offset to measure the range of the input
interpolator. However, the input interpolator is a decade better than
the output interpolator. However, considering that I have a 5359A just
waiting to be used, I think I use a fixed output PPS delay and trigger
the 5359A with and then sweep that one.

I would then use the collected data to find suitable correction values.

Comments and suggestions? Experience?

Cheers,
Magnus