[time-nuts] PICTIC II ready-made?

cfo xnews3 at luna.dyndns.dk
Thu Apr 26 20:35:01 UTC 2012

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:24:52 -0700, Hal Murray wrote:

> albertson.chris at gmail.com said:
>> 2) The IDE is written in Java and is portable.  It is truly identical
>> on all platforms.  Yes it uses gcc but the end user never has to deal
>> with gcc or even know what gcc is.  Same with saving your code, hit
>> just puts it "some place" and keeps track of it
>
> Do I have to use their particular style/GUI?  Or can I drive it from
> make, mixing in pieces I like?
>
> How is the documentation on the tool chain and libraries?  Are their
> good man pages?

I'm using it on Linux , but with my own homebuild toolchain from here

http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=42631

Prebuild here
http://www.wrightflyer.co.uk/avr-gcc/

What i did was :
1: Download the IDE 1.0 for Linux (for the libraries)
2: Install/build the above toolchain , and add (export) it to the path
3: Spend quite some time hacking together a makefile for the Arduino 1.0

Now i can make programs in my favourite editor , and just "make".
I can include just the arduino startup (cpp) , required arduino libs.
And combine it with normal C code (if i want speed/control)

If anyone wants the makefile contact me offlist.

CFO