[time-nuts] HP 58503A

Christoph Kopetzky dekagoon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 12:40:46 UTC 2012

Peter Bell <bell.peter at ...> writes:

> If it is, then you should see a pulse every 2 seconds, lined up with the
> even seconds in GPS time.  This might seem a rather strange signal to
> provide, but it's what the IS-95 derived CDMA systems use to trigger the
> start of another 100 block signalling frame.  It also tends to suggest that
> the unit you have was originally being used as part of a CDMA system.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pete

Hi Pete,

I snapped on the osci probe and see no 1 PPS or 2 PPS signal.
It seems like a noise signal with several positive and negative spikes with an
peak to peak value of 50 to 60 mV...

disapointing...

Next is to analyze the rest with a logicprobe but the signal level seems to be
too small for beeing a logic signal...

TTL should be at 15 V, CMOS 5 V... but 50 mV ?

Chris