[time-nuts] HP 58503A

Christoph Kopetzky dekagoon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 16:45:32 UTC 2012

Azelio Boriani <azelio.boriani at ...> writes:

> Here:
> www.leap*second*.com/museum/*hp58503*a/097-58503-12-iss-1.pdf
> you can find that there is the option 002 for the even second but they call
> it PP2S...
> Try to discover if your 58503 has this option 002.

Azelio,

thanks for the link but I already know this manual.
And for remembering I was talking about my 58503A Receiver. This receiver
do not have a PP2S Output. Only the TTL Alarm and the ESEC (?)

And as I wrote in my posting above, I only can see with my analog scope a little
periodic signal with a level of approximately 28-30 mV and a triggered frequency
of 56,3 kHz at a timebase setting of 5µs/div.
If I am changing my timebase to 10µs/div and measuring the frequency I am getting
65,4 kHz.
This is a little bit confusing and seems to be reasoned from the little signal
level...

So now I am more curious what signal the ESEC seems to be