[time-nuts] What size graphs do people like? (How big is yourscreen?)

DaveH info at blackmountainforge.com
Mon Aug 6 21:04:09 UTC 2012

The screen sizes were the maximum resolutions of the older display
technology.

640*480 was the original VGA and the 800*600 was the upgraded XVGA.

Website images are generally 640*480 range with the option to click for full
size.

Depending on the software being used, there may be multiple columns on the
page and a larger image will be clipped. Also, many people __still__ do not
enjoy full bandwidth for their internet connections (I am one of these poor
sods) and a full-size image is not "polite" as it takes a large chunk of
bandwidth to download before the person can see if it is of interest to
them.

Dave (who is rural and loving it -- except for broadband of course...)