[time-nuts] Power glitch, Menlo Park CA, 4 seconds

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Aug 7 22:09:10 UTC 2012

I'm finally starting to capture audio data so I can see what happens when a
cycle gets lost or added.

We lost power for a few seconds yesterday.  Here are a few graphs:
  http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/line/2012-Aug-06-a0.png
  http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/line/2012-Aug-06-a1.png
  http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/line/2012-Aug-06-a2.png

(The vertical scale is 16 bit audio rather than volts.)

I'm seeing glitches like this:
  http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/line/2012-Aug-07-a0.png
  http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/line/2012-Aug-07-a1.png
  http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/line/2012-Aug-07-a2.png

The PPS side just keeps ticking along cleanly.  I'm guessing ground problems,
in part because I'm using the mic input because I can't get the audio mux to
switch to line-in.

Any Linux audio wizards here?  If so, please contact me off-list.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.