[time-nuts] FTS 1200

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Fri Aug 10 01:06:48 UTC 2012

John
Oven did reduce in current and I can not imagine that it would be that
close with an overheated oven. At 0 V it is within .5 Hz of what they normally
are. Ground has no effect but even 0.8 V on pin 2 stops oscillation
Once it stops it takes about 10 seconds to continue oscillation, about 0.1
Hz higher and within an other 10 seconds is within 2 E-10 back to the
previous  value.
Bert

0
> > on  the EFC. Any voltage on pin 2 and  it quits oscillating.
> >  Bert

What happens to the current drain as the unit warms up?  Does  it fall off
after 5-10 minutes as expected?  If not, it sounds like  the oven controller
may be stuck on, overheating the crystal.  I'd  look into that possibility
sooner rather than later.

-- john,  KE5FX
www.miles.io