[time-nuts] Modern motherboard with RS232 port

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Mon Aug 20 02:32:59 UTC 2012

The long and the short of it is that when AC encounters a reactive
load, it results in a current that is not in phase with the voltage.
Power is equal to volts x amps only when the current and voltage are
in phase.... which can only happen if the load is purely resistive.

If you hang a perfect capacitor across the power line, or a perfect
inductor, you will draw lots of current, but no power.

-Chuck Harris