[time-nuts] Maker Faire Sept 29 & 30 NY Hall of Science

MITCHELL JANOFF majanoff at verizon.net
Tue Aug 21 18:27:35 UTC 2012

I'm working on a "Time-Nuts" based exhibit at the 2012 MakerFaire in NYC (http://makerfaire.com/newyork/2012/). The idea is the history of time distribution with a focus on modern timekeeping (1900 to the present). It is a non-commercial booth, focused on education, and demonstrating micro-processing technology and timekeeping. I plan to bring a couple of atomic clocks, various WWV and WWVB receivers, an oscilloscope and GPS devices that I've connected to microprocessors to display the time and also synchronize clocks from the Self Winding Clock Company of NY. My application has been accepted and I'm now working on the actual exhibit. If there is anyone in the NYC area that would like to collaborate on this project, please contact me via email. Any suggestions for the exhibit are appreciated.

Thanks.