[time-nuts] Is this a cesium frequency standard?

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Thu Aug 23 18:37:09 UTC 2012

On 23 August 2012 18:39, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
> It's really very simple:  If it was, the company that made them would
> now be owned either by some rich mafioso or a western company.
>
> If it is no good, the company is still locally owned or bankrupt.

I think given this hear is Russian military, I doubt there would have
been much chance for it to be evaulated by companies like Agilent. The
specifications would not be published, they could not buy one. It's
possible the first Western countries will see of this sort of thing is
when it appears on eBay.

I'm not saying this is good, but it might possibly be.

Looking at a lot of the other things this seller has, the specs are
well below what one can get from companies like Agilent. Volt meters
with 1% error are hardly precision by todays standards.

Dave