[time-nuts] re ET-6000 firmware

Joe Leikhim jleikhim at leikhim.com
Sun Aug 26 19:05:57 UTC 2012

Bob;
I have a TCXO version and wonder apart from the ROM change, what
recommended hardware is required to install a rubidium osc? Is there a
parts list somewhere? I would prefer not to cobble up if I can help it.

    --------
    I finally got a flash programmer so I uploaded all three ROM images
    (TCXO, OCXO, Rub) for the Datum ET-6000 / 9390-6000 to the KO4BB
    website.  Last year I sent them 3 chips and asked for all the variants
    so I could play with converting my TCXO unit to an OCXO unit (and
    potentially a Rubidium some day).  I think the images are in the upload
    folder awaiting their final home.

    This latest firmware addresses the GPS date problem.

    DT101E = TCXO
    DT102E = OCXO
    DT103E = Rubidium

    Some guy is selling DT101E chips on eBay for $50 (sorry if you're on the
    list...)

    -Bob

--
Joe Leikhim