[time-nuts] Using a frequency synthesizer replacement for motherboard oscillator

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Dec 2 13:43:39 UTC 2012

Hi

Maybe I'm just shopping in the right places. I have yet to build up a desktop machine that does *not* have at least one COM port on the motherboard. That's been true all the way from simple little Atom based ITX boards right through monster boards with all sorts of crazy stuff on them.  Yes, it's not out the back, but that's very easy to take care of if you need the port.

Laptops are a bit different. They seem to die of some sort of display issue long before a desktop. I don't use them in test setups.

Bob