[time-nuts] [Fwd: [hp_agilent_equipment] Blue Feather File Archive Updated]

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Sun Dec 2 19:07:36 UTC 2012

Oops. It seems that Bruce's announcement is premature.

Best,

-John

================

FYI, this is an archive of ROM & EPROM dumps for various test gear.

-John

==============

Subject: [hp_agilent_equipment] Blue Feather File Archive Updated
From:    "Bruce Lane" <kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com>
Date:    Sat, December 1, 2012 11:16 pm
To:      tekscopes at yahoogroups.com
Cc:      hp_agilent_equipment at yahoogroups.com

Fellow techies,

	I've taken a cue from Didier, in that I've done some work to make the
Blue Feather FTP site easier to work with. I've added a web-based file
sharing program, and made it accessible from our main page.

	When you hit up www.bluefeathertech.com, look in the lower left part of
the table for the link 'Blue Feather File Archive.' One simple click takes
you to the root directory of the 'public' tree, and you can take off and
browse from there.

	Better yet: Uploading is now possible! Like Didier's site, any files you
upload will not be immediately available until I can take a look and make
a spot for them. I've made the access instructions the same as Didier's
site: If you click on 'Upload,' you'll be prompted for a user name and
password. Both are 'manuals' (without the quotes).

	I would ask any files uploaded, especially firmware or EPROM dumps, be
turned into a ZIP or RAR archive and include a descriptive 'readme' file.
Good info to have includes version number, manufacturer's part number (if
known, if any), type of PROM/EPROM used, and Checksum-16 value. My
preferred EPROM file format is Absolute Binary (Data I/O #16), but .HEX is
OK as well.

	Also, once you upload, please drop me an E-mail about it.

	Thanks much, happy tweaking!

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"Quid Malmborg in Plano..."