[time-nuts] Time security musing - attacking the clock itself

Sanjeev Gupta ghane0 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 06:10:11 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 1:59 PM, gary <lists at lazygranch.com> wrote:

> Things were going OK but then I heard a nasty sound and the lights
> flickered a bit. It turns out some curious students wanted to see what
> happened if the generator and mains were out of phase. Well, the mains wins.

Been there, done that (as the student).

> It is apparently hard to move the grid.

Yes, and getting a pass grade after that is _very_ difficult.  Being put on
the list of students who have to do Labs but are not allowed to touch
anything ...

Luckily I was "studying" Civil Engineering, and this was a required 1
semester course "Electrical and Electronic Engineering".  Everything in 11
weeks.  And the Profs know they are never going to see you again, so they
shudder, roll their eyes, and try to ignore the idiots on the benches.

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane