[time-nuts] PTTI 2012, part 2

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 14:06:57 UTC 2012

OK now that I am setting out to build one. Would the challenge for a
amateur be that the components you build with are basically dirty. Some how
on the copper pipe it would need to be clean and then brazed I might guess.
All of that makes for a dirty element.
To the vacuum. I used to make vaccuum pumps out of old refrigerator motors.
That would be the first stage of pump down. But how do you take it down
below that? Then I speculate you use a ion pump to get rid of the stuff
that remains.
Regards
Paul.