[time-nuts] -hp- 5065A battery pack

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Tue Dec 4 23:47:35 UTC 2012

I've just finished fitting new cells into my 5065A battery pack.  A bit
of a struggle since it is quite a tight fit to re-use the original
plastic container.  For information, the only cells I could find that
just about fit, and even then one has to remove the plastic covering
from them, were the tabbed version of part number CD-SC2200P from
BatterySpace.com.  These are 2200 mAH Sub C NiCads, so very similar in
capacity to the originals.  Total cost including tax and shipping, was
around $60 for the 21.

Southern California Edison can now resume their normal abysmal
service...   :^)

Dan