[time-nuts] GPSDO Alternatives

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Dec 5 07:40:52 UTC 2012

albertson.chris at gmail.com said:
> What is the simplest phase detecter that could work?  I think only that, and
> then a duouble oven crystal from eBay, a GPS and and Arduido.

You also need a good D2A to drive the EFC on the osc.

> Yes the Aruino is expensive compared to a bare uP chip but using one, I thin
> you could build a GPSDO without a PCB and the Arduino's USB connection could
> be usful for power and logging/control.

I wouldn't want to power a GPSDO from USB.  It will get power cycled every
time I need to work on the logging PC.  Besides, you only get 2.5 watts.  The
oven will probably take more than that during warm-up.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.