[time-nuts] PPS offset between GPS receivers

Gabs Ricalde gsricalde at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 13:37:44 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

As Tom suggested, I redid the test with less than 1 ft. of wire from the
PPS output to the GPIO without any logic gates or line receivers. Same result,
the SKG25A1 was 2 microseconds ahead of the 58534A. Without any other way of
testing, I would probably trust the output of the timing receiver more
than the SkyNav module. Anyway the SkyNav board is an inexpensive unit and
I wouldn't mind setting an offset in ntpd.

I don't have a scope yet, and a low jitter PPS GPIO is the closest thing I have
to a TIC.