[time-nuts] GPSDO Alternatives

Volker Esper ailer2 at t-online.de
Wed Dec 5 21:24:43 UTC 2012

Am 05.12.2012 18:31, schrieb Bob Camp:
> Hi
>
> If the intent is to come up with something in the same league as the TBolt
> there are a few other things you will need:
>
> 1) Something to compare the two pps signals to within 0.1 ns....

Following Ulrich Bangerts suggestions, that a loop time constant should
be at about 3 hours (GPS disciplining an OCXO), do I really need that
resolution? Ok, the more accurate, the better. But the question is: can
I reduce this requirement when using long time constants (10000s)? The
ratio then is 10E14...

Volker