[time-nuts] GPSDO Alternatives

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 09:01:34 UTC 2012

Now you can see the problem with designs that require both a PCB and a
programmed uP.   Most people can't do either of these and those who can
typically are good at only one.   Then you find someone and after he looses
interest the project is dead and un-suportable.

So I was thinking of how to build a GPSDO that does not need a programmed
uP and would be so simple that a PCB would not be needed.  It shoud be
simple enough that after getting the parts could be built quickly by anyone.

The Arduino has a USB interface and both ADC and DAC and digital IO.  I
read about the concern about using USB power.  The Arduino can also be