[time-nuts] Open source

Scott McGrath scmcgrath at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:00:54 UTC 2012

GPL and Open Source are frequently confused technically any code where the source code is available to the customer is open source. As in open for inspection,  under terms agreed to in the license.

What most people think about when they hear about open source is code released under variants of the GPL which require that code released to the public built with GPL tools be made available for no more than the cost of distribution ie you can charge for the cost of the optical disk and postage but no more.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone