[time-nuts] GPSDO Alternatives (GLUE)

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 7 15:12:39 UTC 2012

On 12/6/12 5:01 PM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> The solution to the problem is well known in several forms. Cost is below $5 for pretty much all of them. No need to re-invent the wheel. The gotcha is that you can't do it 100% with internal CPU peripherals. You will need *some* glue.

I think that's the interesting aspect of this discussion (because it
mirrors many similar such discussions I've had over the years)..

The challenge is not in building a GPSDO.. there's tons of ways to do
that at minimal hardware cost..

The challenge is "how do you do it without using any additional glue
logic or hardware"  That is, given things you can buy off the shelf, and
no hardware work other than fabricating cables or soldering a wire or
two, what can you do inexpensively.