[time-nuts] Switching oscillators

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Dec 9 22:58:54 UTC 2012

Hi

You still have the "which one's right" issue. With most settling situations, the closest approach of the oscillators isn't what you are after. You are actually trying to make sure the OCXO is both on frequency and stable. A TCXO likely drifts a bit as the instrument warms up. That makes a decision tough.

Bob