[time-nuts] EIP545A 18GHz counter query

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 14:05:36 UTC 2012

Chris and I took this offline so as not to bother the time-nuts thread.
Hopefully we can work it through. Chris is lucky as he only has a band 2
problem.
Band 3 in nastier o deal with.
Chris since several have expressed interest perhaps we just add them to
your new thread.
We can still skype for the real time work.

Joe to your 545. Lots of possibilities.
There is the yig tuning circuit driven by a dac driven by a 6.2V zener
reference. I have run into bad zeners more then I care to count. Plus the
other part of the equation is the locked comb source. So as I say band 3 is
nasty lots can go wrong besides someone simply frying the front end.
Regards
Paul