[time-nuts] Thunderbolt oven / non-stable operating temperature

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Mon Dec 10 23:47:41 UTC 2012

Sarah,

That temperature sensor does have an effect on the final outcome as it is part of
the internal equation.  So buffering the ambient temperature is important.

You do not need to go crazy, but having it contained in a box with some small amount
of heat applied and maintained by some controlling mechanism would be a good way to
go.  The amount of heat depends upon what extremes your location experiences over
the day/week/year and the effective insulation of the container.  Ideally you would
want no temperature change, but, obviously, that is not practical, so a one degree
variance would be a reasonable goal.

Bill....WB6BNQ