[time-nuts] OT: Question on dead HP34401

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 14:19:57 UTC 2012

Ulrich,
Yes indeed modern stuff is tough. I believe what you are seeing is a dead
man timer. The system is not booting correctly, times out and resets and
the process keeps going.
Typically a good place to look is at the interrupt lines to see what is
triggering the behavior.
If neither of these are then you are really stuck with tracing down what
device is asserting the reset. If it is an ASIC then you are blind.
The other thing that could cause this to happen is corrupted uproc eproms.
Hard to believe since this is a fairly new device.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL